Home > Headline
Banquet In Conjunction With The Royal Birthday
KEBAWAH Duli Yang Maha Mulia Paduka Seri Baginda Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah ibni Al-Marhum Sultan Haji Omar 'Ali Saifuddien Sa'adul Khairi Waddien, Sultan dan Yang Di-Pertuan Negara Brunei Darussalam dan Kebawah Duli Yang Maha Mul Oleh : Rohani Haji Abdul Hamid / Foto : Mohamad Azmi Awang Damit; Masri Osman; Mohd. Sahrizal Haji Said, Pg. Amirulnizam Pg. Haji Mohd. Ali
July 17th, 2017 | 09:25 AM | 2154 views
BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN
His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah ibni Al-Marhum Sultan Haji Omar 'Ali Saifuddien Sa'adul Khairi Waddien, Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam and Her Majesty Duli Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha binti Al-Marhum Pengiran Pemancha Pengiran Anak Haji Mohamed Alam, last night graced a Banquet in conjunction with His Majesty's 71st Birthday celebration. The ceremony took place at the Banquet Hall of Istana Nurul Iman.
Prior to the banquet, His Majesty and Her Majesty Duli Raja Isteri received in audience His Majesty's special guests. Also present at the Royal Banquet were His Majesty's sons and daughters as well as brothers and sisters;
- His Royal Highness Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah, the Crown Prince and Her Royal Highness Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Sarah binti Pengiran Haji Salleh Ab-Rahaman;
- His Royal Highness Prince Mohamed Bolkiah and Her Royal Highness Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Zariah;
- His Royal Highness Prince Haji Sufri Bolkiah and Yang Amat Mulia Pengiran Bini Hajah Faizah;
- His Royal Highness Prince Haji Jefri Bolkiah and Yang Amat Mulia Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Norhayati;
- His Royal Highness Prince 'Abdul Malik and Yang Amat Mulia Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Raabi'atul 'Adawiyyah binti Pengiran Haji Bolkiah;
- His Royal Highness Prince 'Abdul Mateen;
- His Royal Highness Prince 'Abdul Wakeel;
- Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Rashidah Sa'adatul Bolkiah;
- Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Majeedah Nuurul Bolkiah;
- Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Hafizah Sururul Bolkiah;
- Her Royal Highness Princess 'Azemah Ni'matul Bolkiah;
- Her Royal Highness Princess Fadzilah Lubabul Bolkiah; AND
- Her Royal Highness Princess 'Ameerah Wardatul Bolkiah.
Also in attendance were:
- Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Masna;
- Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Nor'ain;
- Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Amal Umi Kalthum Al-Islam; and other members of the Royal family.
Among His Majesty's special guests present were:
- His Excellency Tun Dato Laila Utama Pehin Sri Doctor Haji Abdul Taib Mahmud, the Yang Di-Pertua of Negeri Sarawak and wife;
- Yang Amat Berhormat Dato Seri Paduka Datuk Seri Panglima Haji Musa bin Haji Aman, Chief Minister of Sabah and wife;
- His Excellency Masagos Zulkifli bin Masagos Mohamad, Minister for the Environment and Water Resources of Singapore and wife;
- The Honourable Secretary Carlos Garcia, Dominguez the Third, the Secretary of Finance of the Republic of the Philippines and wife;
- His Excellency General Anantaporn Kanjanarat, Minister of Energy of Thailand and wife;
- Yang Berhormat Datuk Amar Haji Awang Tengah bin Ali Hasan, Deputy Chief Minister, Second Minister of Urban Development and Natural resources and Minister of Industrial and Entrepreneur Development, Sarawak and wife.
- Yang Berbahagia Dato Paduka Seri General Tan Sri Raja Mohamed Affandi bin Raja Mohamed Noor, the Chief of the Armed Forces of Malaysia and wife; and
- Yang Terhormat Dato Paduka Seri General Police Doctor Andas Haji Muhammad Tito Karnavian, the Chief of Police National of the Republic of Indonesia and wife.
Doa selamat was read by Yang Berhormat Pehin Datu Seri Maharaja Dato Paduka Seri Setia Doctor Ustaz Haji Awang Abdul Aziz bin Juned, the State Mufti.
His Majesty in his titah often emphasizes on peace. According to His Majesty, peace and harmony are everything. In the Hari Raya Aidilfitri message, His Majesty urged people in the country to be grateful that Brunei Darussalam could enjoy continued peace and prosperity, while in this era, it is not easy for people to enjoy peace and tranquillity. Therefore, His Majesty called on the citizens and residents in the country to pray to Allah Subhanahu Wata'ala for their continued well-being and security they have been blessed with.
The peace and harmony have enabled the country to achieve various developments under His Majesty's wise leadership. Come October, exactly 50 years of His Majesty's reign, Brunei Darussalam will set another history when the nation celebrates the Golden Jubilee of His Majesty's accession to the throne.
The Banquet was highlighted with a fireworks display at the compound of Istana Nurul Iman.
His Majesty and Her Majesty also consented to receive junjung ziarah and greetings from His Majesty's special quests.
If you have any stories or news that you would like to share with the global online community, please feel free to share it with us by contacting us directly at [email protected]