Tutong - Over 300 residents of the Tutong District around the Kampong Sinaut area took part in a 'Riadah Hijrah' walkathon held in conjunction with the new Islamic year of 1434 Hijrah.
The participants assembled at Kg Sinaut Mosque to perform mass Subuh prayers and listened to a talk on "Healthy Riadah" presented by Awg Hj HasIan bin Hj Shahbudin.
The Acting Tutong District Officer, Awg Shamsul Bahrin bin Hj Mohd Hussain was present at the event.
Participants walked a distance of 3km from Kg Sinaut Mosque to Pengiran Anal< Isteri Pengiran Anak Sarah Mosque at Kg Sungai Kelugos. Other sideline activities included a colouring competition, a Jawi writing competition for the youth and tug-of-war for the male participants.
Donations were also collected, where 30 per cent of the collected fund will be donated to orphans in the Tutong District, while the remaining 70 per cent will be contributed to Takmir District Mosques Fund in order to help fund their activities for the year.
The event ended with a prize presentation to the winners of the lucky draw and the sideline activities, as well as the handing over of funds to the chairperson.
The walkathon managed to raise a total of B$3,464.65 throughout the event.
--Courtesy of Borneo Bulletin