Bandar Seri Begawan - A two-storey wooden house located at No 5, Jalan Teraja, behind Terrace Hotel in the capital caught fire at 11.10am yesterday.
Fortunately there were no injuries as the occupants of the rented accommodation were not in.
Fourteen personnel were dispatched to the scene in four fire engines from Bandar Seri Begawan and Berakas Fire and Rescue Department. They managed to control the fire in nine minutes.
The operation was led by SFR Hanif bin Suboh.
According to the Fire and Rescue Department's investigation, improper wiring was the source of the fire and the estimated loss was about $80,000.
--Courtesy of Borneo Bulletin