Bandar Seri Begawan - A two-storey house in Kampong Pancha Delima was burned down yesterday during the peak hours of lunchbreak.
The unfortunate incident also affected the adjacent bungalow, causing damage to its kitchen area and bedrooms, along with two cars. Fortunately, no injuries were reported in the mishap.
According to a press release from the Fire and Rescue Department, the fire was believed to have been caused by a burning stove that was left unattended. The estimated loss was B$45,000.
A team of 13 Fire and Rescue personnel from the Berakas Fire Station and Women Operations Unit managed to control the fire within six minutes.
Also at the scene was the Deputy Operations Director, Shahbandi bin Hj Abd Halim, who led the operations. The Fire and Rescue Department wishes to remind the public not to leave a burning stove unattended.
--Courtesy of Borneo Bulletin