Bandar Seri Begawan - More than 200 movers and shakers of Brunei's travel industry gathered at The Centrepoint in Gadong yesterday as Abacus celebrated the achievements of local travel agents.
"This annual event is anticipated by travel industry players. It provides them with an opportunity to meet up with their colleagues, and an opportunity for Abacus to thank and recognise its travel agency partners in Brunei for their contribution to growth over the last 22 years," said Irene Soon, General Manager of Abacus Brunei.
"Year on year booking data made through the Abacus system remains strong and is growing despite challenges from Airline Direct and low cost carriers. We are optimistic that this trend will continue and travellers will continue using travel agents as the channel to book their arrangements," Ms Soon said.
Irene Soon also thanked Abacus International, Royal Brunei, Baiduri Bank Berhad, Cityneon Brunei, Malaysia Airlines, MASwings, Royal Brunei Catering, Singapore Airlines, Tokio Marine, Tourism Malaysia and TTCO Enterprise for sponsoring the lucky draw prizes for last night's event.
The guest of honour was the Chairman of Abacus Brunei, Mr Dermot Mannion who presented the top 11 travel agent awards. Also present was Abacus Brunei Director Awg Maswadi bin Hj Mohsin
Top Travel Agent Awards 2012
Performance Awards: Air Booking
• Century Travel Centre Sdn Bhd - Bandar Seri Begawan branch (1st place)
• Freme Travel Service Sdn Bhd - Bandar Seri Begawan branch (2nd place)
• Freme Travel Services Sdn Bhd - Kuala Belait branch (3rd place)
• Bright Travel Service - Kuala Belait branch (4th place)
• Anthony Tours & Travel Agency Sdn Bhd (5th place)
• Syarikat Straits Central Agencies Sdn Bhd (6th place)
• Century Travel Centre Sdn Bhd - Manggis (7th place)
• Mas Sugara Travel Services Sdn Bhd (8th place)
• Southern Cross Travel Agencies Sdn Bhd - Seria (9th place)
• J J Tour Service Sdn Bhd - Bandar Seri Begawan (10th place)
Performance Awards: Non Air Booking
• Freme Travel Services Sdn Bhd - Kuala Belait
Travel Consultant Top Reward
• Ms Lim Yah Hui: Century Travel Centre Sdn Bhd (1st place)
• Ms Jeane Ferlyn F Bustarde: Syarikat Straits Central Agencies Sdn Bhd (2nd place)
• Ms Teo Guek Fui: Freme Travel Services Sdn Bhd (3rd place)
Get Rewarded with Abacus FareX Promotion
The top travel agents with the highest incremental issuance of Abacus FareX ticket on Cathay Pacific, Royal Brunei and Singapore Airlines for the month of October 2012
• Freme Travel Services Sdn Bhd - Bandar Seri Begawan (1st place)
• Century Travel Centre Sdn Bhd - Bandar Seri Begawan (2nd place)
• Pan Bright Travel Service - Bandar Seri Begawan (3rd place)
--Courtesy of Borneo Bulletin